Wednesday 21 February 2007

Next........

Ok, you want to knit.
You need some things, again ask around.
Really all you need are a pair of needles and some wool, but scissors and a bag to keep it all in are handy.
Instructions are also good. People teaching you are great but when you are on your own and it's a bit late to ring and ask 'which is the right side? the flat side or the bobberly side?'
If you are reading this then you must know one end of a computer from another and there are millions of sites to find help and intrustions.
The best site I have found for clear printable instructions is the National Knitting Week site.
Another great place are knitting magazines, some of the patterns look a bit scary and you might not want to knit anything thats in then but they usually contain instructions, wool reviews and lot's of ads for patterns, yarn and websites. My favorite magazine is Simply Knitting, I can be found hovering in the newsagents when it's due out. I am also slightly ashamed to admit that I have also brought a back copy on ebay because I missed one and there was a pattern in it I wanted.

No comments: