Sunday 3 February 2008

Button Rings and a Year of Blogging

I realised on Friday that I have been blogging for a whole year today!
How mad is that? and to use the old cliche - it doesn't feel like a year.

So, to start my second blogging, crafty year I finally got round to starting my 'Thing-a-Day' challenge.

Inspired by Jodie I decided to make some of my own button rings.



I threaded some craft wire through the beads, then through the buttons. I then twisted the wire tightly at the back and pressed it down flat and hot glued them onto the ring bases.

You can't really see the colours that well but the bottom one is orange with orange beads and the top one has a dark blue button. I think my favorite is the big red one.

The boy's have embraced their 'Thing-a-day' challenge and this is what I found on Saturday morning.

Inspired by my new found enjoyment of embroidery and a cool post on Craft Chi I tidied up the flosses and threads (that sounds like a good name for a craft shop, must remember that if I ever open one) that I have acquired.



and of course as soon as I get my camera out a cat turns up to try and get in the photo!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

I follow your link on thing-a-day.
Love these rings! I have a button collection- I might have to try to make a couple for myself.

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!!!!!! Congrats to a year of blogging!!!

Love the button rings, and I think it's really cool that your boys are getting involved in this as well.

yellowsky said...

Where did you purchase your ring backs!!?!?!?!?!I can't find any at my local craft stores. And a search online didnt work either.

I would really appreciate any advice on where to find them!

Thanks!

Jox said...

I brought the ring backs from Hobbycraft, which is a UK craft store. I have also seen them on ebay.

Good luck finding them, also if you can get the ones with holes in them you can sew the buttons on rather than glue them, which I think in the long run that would be stronger.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.