Wednesday 13 February 2008

Ode to Swap-bot

I am hosting my first swap over on swap-bot and it's a matchbox of buttons swap.

Just a small matchbox, which you decorate how you like and then fill with nice buttons.


Here are a couple of photos of matchbox swaps I sent and recieved.


(These photos are from a swap for 'a matchbox of beads and buttons', but hopefully it will give people who are partcipating for the first time an idea of the size of the matchbox and what to expect.)



recieved



sent



Just realised that it has been about a year since my first swap on swap-bot. What a great way to celebrate with a swap of my own!


I love to swap, people who I tell about it look at me very strangly as if to say 'why do you bother?' but it is so nice to put together a gift for someone knowing that they will (hopefully) get that same warm feeling that I get when I open my parcle.


I don't join up for expensive swaps, I have done, but I like to do handmade swaps because those are the type I like to recieve. My boys enjoy the sweetie swaps.

received


I have done all sorts of swaps; 'A teabag and a magazine page' was my first, handmade bags of goodies are always fun and 'this is my foot' was the craziest but the most fun (we drew round our feet decorated them and posted one to each of our two partners) yes, it's does sound daft but I have the feet I was sent on my wall at work and they make me smile everytime I look at them and what did that cost me? the price of a stamp!

these are my feet!

I have recieved some lovely things which you can tell people have spent time on and fortunately I have only had a couple of disappointments. There was one, I can't remember the details but it looked as if my partner had emptied the contents of her bedside cabinet draw into an envelope!

received

received.

I have also 'meet' some very lovely, generous people from all over the world and I'm hoping to meet some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I just had to comment (I've never done that on a blog before) but I just LOVE those feet! Would you consider hosting a similar swap? I'd so be in for that. Or a hands one? InceyWincey :O)

Unknown said...

Starting your own devise pandora blogs magazine is arduous, but not impossible. Magazines are gaudy, creative, have spunk and have piles of glamour. pandora blogs And anything to do with transform always greet, as that is what makes the world go spherical. pandora blogs