Saturday 8 September 2007

Felted Leaves

Here are some photos of the leaves I have been needle felting this week.
The big one is my least favorite, I am going to try and wet felt it and see what happens.
This one is my favorite so far, I used a lot more wool, laid it both ways and twisted it to make the colours more interesting.

This was the first one and a bit thin, I'm thinking of applique (thanks P).

I started making these, the idea was christmas tree decorations but I'm not sure, maybe some sequins might help.

3 comments:

corduroy cat said...

ooh so beautiful! i love the colour combinations you're using. the first one you made was thin, true, but that's also a techinique called cobweb felt, that looks really delicate and pretty IMO. any plans for the leaves yet? they can always be needled onto knit stuff too!

Karyn said...

So cute! I love the (possible future) Christmas tree ornaments. I'm not familiar with the technique that you're using, but I love the outcome.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.